Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Top Ten Resolutions I Have For 2016

I just found this amazing blog The Broke and the Bookish that sends out Top Ten Lists each week to blog about! I love this idea since sometimes thinking outside the typical day to day box makes you see things differently! This weeks Top Ten List is Resolutions For 2016.  I did already mention my resolutions, but I didn't give 10 and I could expand.

Book Related
  •  I want to read 60 books this year. This is means 6 per month, which is way more than my typical average of 3 a month.  I feel I need to pickup the pace on my reading to help my TBR pile to be smaller. 
  • Make my TBR pile smaller by reading a large amount of books that I own.  I love the library and typically stop there on my way home from work so I am constantly picking up new books to read, but I have around 100 books at my house that I have never read.  I want to work on reading at least 1 book a month from my book collection.
  • Read at least 5 books from the 1001 Books to Be Read before I Die.  I love the list of books since it has a large amount of classics that I have never read before.
  • I want to work on updating my blog as much as possible.  I am working on keeping a calendar to make sure I stay as up to date as possible.
  • Work on reading all the works created by authors that I love.  For examples I have read almost everything written by Janet Evanovich since she is my favorite author I have only a few more books left to read by her that I want to complete this year.
  • Explore more book related blogs to meet new bloggers and also see what the book blogging community!  
Personal Related
  • I want to work on my photography skills.  I have always been interested in photography and want to work on developing additional skills.
  • I want to be more positive in life, sometimes I dwell on the negative and need to be more positive in all aspects of my life.  It can always be worse. 
  • I want to sit down and binge watch a TV show.  I have actually never done this, I will typically watch a show from start to finish episode by episode, but one day I want to sit and watch a whole series from start to finish. 
  • Do more physical exercises.  I sit at a desk all day for work and need to get out sometimes and do something.  Even if it is just walking around the building or going to the gym after work I need to get up and do something!

 What are your Top 10 Resolutions for 2016?

3 comments:

  1. Yes - I definitely want to connect more with the book loving online community, there are so many talented, interesting and friendly people out there I can't wait to (virtually) meet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow lots of good resolutions here. many bloggers talk this year of reading the books already on their shelves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with all of your 2016 resolutions!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/05/top-ten-tuesday-38/

    ReplyDelete

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn (Review)

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn  Genres:  Fiction, Mystery Publication date:   April 22nd 2014   Publisher:   Broadway Books Format:  paperbac...